Freezone Trade Structuring
ABAX caters for the needs of companies which need to carry out trading activities in Asia and Africa by allowing them to structure in a free zone in either the UAE or in Mauritius.
Free zones present fiscal and non-fiscal advantages which make them attractive for cross-border trading. These include low corporate tax rates, duty free import and export, preferential access to regional markets and warehousing and processing facilities next to sea and air ports.
Mauritius Freeport Company
A Freeport operator is licensed by the Board of Investment (‘BOI’) to carry out physical trading with the freeport of Mauritius. Freeport zones are available at both the seaport and airport, enabling sea-to-sea or sea-to-air or air-to-air trading.
Freeport companies can be set up in Mauritius to carry out the following activities:
- Warehousing and storage
- Bulk breaking
- Labelling, packaging and re-packaging
- Export and re-export oriented seaport and airport based activities
- Light assembly and minor processing
- Freight forwarding services
Advantages of the freeport companies:
- Corporate tax at 0% for trading
- Duty free and VAT free imports and exports on goods and equipment
- 100% foreign ownership allowed
- Reduced port-handling charges
- Access to regional markets
- Paper Trading
- Entry into the domestic market