ABAX South Africa
ABAX has had a representative office in South Africa since 2013. The office was established in response to an increasing interest from South African businesses to expand internationally, particularly into the rest of Africa, and domicile the holding or operating company in Mauritius or Dubai.
The office represents ABAX in South Africa and the adjacent countries.
The services provided include:
- Meeting businessmen and women to discuss their company’s expansion plans and consider whether an offshore structure would be beneficial. With a Head Office in Mauritius and a Branch Office in Dubai, those two jurisdictions are typically considered as the base for international operations ;
- Deriving a customised solution that will enhance and add value to the client’s expansion process;
- Initiating and monitoring the process of implementation in the chosen jurisdiction;
- Maintaining contacting with clients to understand their evolving requirements as their business expands;
- Connecting clients one to the other where there are opportunities for cooperation for mutual benefit;
- Keeping clients and prospective clients informed of developments in South Africa and internationally that could impact their businesses; and
- Acting as “quality control” link between the client and the ABAX administration jurisdiction.
Our goal is to add value to the business of our clients.
Why do companies establish offshore structures?
There are compelling reasons for companies to establish an offshore structure. These include:
- Ease of doing business;
- Stable government and legitimate business environment with an emphasis on good governance and rule of law;
- No foreign exchange control thus enabling an efficient treasury operation;
- No Capital Gains Tax;
- Keeping revenues in hard currencies in the face of a volatile domestic currency which negatively affects operations;
- Holding offshore operations, acquisitions and joint ventures in the offshore entity so as not to dilute the vital Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Status in South Africa;
- Fast and easy company establishment;
- Access to an extensive and beneficial network of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAAs);
- Mauritius is a member of SADC and COMESA, thus enabling duty free access to regional trade blocks;
- World-class connectivity with excellent port and airport logistics;
- Strategic location between Europe, Asia and Africa;
- Availability of a large pool of professionals;
- Ability to raise capital;
- Business-friendly banking regulations; and
- Beneficial corporate and personal tax regime.
The ABAX experience provides you with the capability, support and peace of mind required to achieve your business goals.
The ABAX client base in South Africa represents a broad cross-section of commerce and industry, comprising of companies listed on the Main Board of the JSE, privately-owned companies and family businesses.
The Work Space, 2nd floor,
44 Melrose Arch Boulevard,